1. 8 oz package plain neufchatel cream cheese or flavored cream cheese of choice
2. 1 package wonton wrappers
3. 1-2 eggs, whisked (for egg wash)
3. Customize to your taste by adding chopped scallion, pineapple, crab, or even cinnamon and a pinch of brown sugar or a few small berries for a dessert style wonton
1. Place wonton wrappers on a parchment lined sheet pan.
2. Place about 1-2 teaspoons of cream cheese (and any desired fillings) into the center of each wonton wrapper.
3. Brush egg wash along each edge of the wonton wrappers; pinch and fold into pouches, pressing to seal each edge.
4. Bake at 375F for about 8 minutes, or until edges turn golden brown If you want more of a “fried” feel, simply brush the outside of the wontons wrapper lightly with avocado oil before baking.