1. 1 large butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed, and large diced (about 3 cups of 1/2 inch cubes)
2. 3 large cloves garlic, minced
3. 2 drops Young Living rosemary essential oil OR 1 tsp finely minced fresh rosemary
4. 2 drops Young Living Black Pepper essential oil OR 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
5. 1/2 tsp dried or fresh finely minced thyme
6. Salt to taste
7. Avocado oil for cooking
8. 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock or broth
9. 2 Tbsp heavy cream
10. 4 oz log soft goat cheese
1. In a stockpot over medium-high heat, sauté the squash in a few Tbsp of avocado oil until edges begin to soften (about 8 minutes), stirring often; add garlic, herbs, and black pepper (or essential oils) and sauté another 2 minutes.
2. Add stock or broth, cover, and bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Stir occasionally and cook for about 15 minutes, until squash is fork tender.
3. Remove the stockpot from heat, and use an immersion stick blender to purée OR pour into a blender (NOTE: if using a blender make sure to loosen lid to allow airflow while blending so you don’t end up with an explosion of burning soup!!).
4. After puréed completely, add in the heavy cream and goat cheese and continue to purée until incorporated. Season with salt if needed.