1. 1.5 cups old fashioned oats
2. 1 tsp ground cinnamon
3. 1/4 tsp ground cardamom (may eliminate if needed)
4. 1/4 tsp ginger
5. 2 Tbsp flax meal or chia seeds
6. 1 egg
7. 3/4 cup milk of choice
8. 2 Tbsp almond butter (or similar)
9. 1 Tbsp avocado oil
10. 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries OR peeled chopped apples OR peeled chopped pears OR fruit of choice
11. 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or sliced almonds
1. In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients together except the nuts; set aside.
2. In a small separate bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, and avocado oil until combined.
3. Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and stir to combine; then fold in the fruit and nuts.
4. Pour the mixture into a muffin tin sprayed with non-stick avocado or coconut oil spray, filling each cup almost completely full.
5. Bake at 350F for approximately 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cooking times will vary per oven.
6. Optional: add 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup or honey to mix before baking; add pepitas (pumpkin seeds), sunflower seeds, or dried fruits if desired. Hold in the fridge for a few days or freezer for 1 month. May be served cold or heated. Great topped with Greek yogurt or a plant-based yogurt