1. 2 cups organic unbleached flour (or substitute 1/2 for whole wheat flour, or substitute 100% for gluten-free flour blend of choice)
2. 1 tsp baking soda
3. 1/2 tsp baking powder
4. 1/2 tsp salt
5. 2 tsp ground cinnamon
6. 1 tsp ground clove
7. 1 tsp ground nutmeg
8. 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
9. 1/4 cup avocado oil
10. 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
11. 1/2 cup sugar
12. 1 tsp vanilla extract
13. 1 15-ounce can of plain 100% pumpkin puree
14. 3/4 cup almond or cashew milk or milk of choice
15. 2 Tbsp flax meal mixed into 6 Tbsp hot water (let it sit for a few minutes to gel up)
1. In a medium bowls, mix all dry ingredients together with a whisk until well combined.
2. In a separate large bowl, beat the avocado oil, applesauce, and sugar together with a whisk or mixer until the mixture lightens up and becomes more fluffy and worked together.
3. Add the vanilla and gelled-up flax mixture to the wet ingredients, and whisk until just combined; then add in the pumpkin puree and whisk until just combined.
4. Add half of the dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir until just combined.
5. Add the milk and stir until just combined, and then repeat step 4 with the remaining dry mix.
6. Pour into a greased and floured bread tin. Bake at 325F for approximately 40-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Timing will vary for different ovens and altitudes.
1. 1/4 cup diced fresh mushroom
2. 2 Tbsp chopped cooked turkey
3. 2 Tbsp chopped green onion
4. 3 eggs, beaten
5. 1 Tbsp shredded cheddar cheese
6. Avocado oil and olive oil spray (or similar)
7. Salt & Pepper
8. Chopped cherry tomatoes (optional)
1. In a small skillet over medium-low heat, saute mushrooms in a drizzle of avocado oil until golden brown; add turkey and green onion and saute until warmed and season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from skillet and set aside for later.
2. Spray skillet with olive oil spray to prevent sticking; add 3 beaten eggs (or egg whites/substitute) to pan and reduce heat to low. Once top of egg mixture is somewhat stable and not too runny, use a rubber spatula to flip eggs over to create an omelette.
3. Sprinkle cheddar cheese over half of egg mixture and top with reserved turkey and veggie mix, then fold the omelette in half to enclose the mixture. Cook on low until cheese begins to melt.
4. Serve with chopped cherry tomatoes and cracked black pepper, hot sauce, salsa, etc. Would also be tasty with some sliced avocado on top!